BEST BABY SHOES FOR WIDE FEET
The perfect pair of baby shoes is a marriage of style and fit. While you want shoes that match your little one’s personality, you also need shoes that fit properly and securely. This can be an extra challenge if your baby has wide or chubby feet.
At Jack and Lily, we make it easy to find the perfect fitting baby shoe for all feet, even chubby ones. The secret is our hook and loop closures, which ensure a flexible, secure, and comfortable fit around your baby’s feet. Our shoes and boots also feature wide foot openings, making them a breeze to put on and take off.
We use supple genuine and vegan leathers in our shoes, which allow your baby’s feet to move, flex, and grow naturally. Pair this with our flexible, non-slip rubber soles, and you have wide baby shoes that are perfect for any tiny feet!
THE IMPORTANCE OF A SECURE SHOE FOR TODDLERS WITH CHUBBY FEET
You may have heard people say that “barefoot is best” when children are learning to walk. This is because as children start to take their first steps, they learn through the feeling of their feet touching the ground. However, in many situations, barefoot isn’t possible. Little feet need to be protected from injury, heat, and cold. Shoes with soft, flexible soles protect and support your child’s feet while giving them the freedom to move and feel the ground below them.
Along with having a soft, supportive sole, shoes must also fit your child’s foot properly. The perfect fit will match the foot in both length and width with enough room for their toes to move freely. Adjustable closures are also important for customizing the fit and making sure their shoes stay in place.
Here at Jack and Lily, we’re parents too, so we know how important the health and growth of your little one is. We designed our shoes to be flexible enough to keep your child on the move, but still protect and support their feet. With styles for feet of every shape and size, we know you’ll find a pair of wide baby shoes that fit as great as they look, even on chubby feet.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING WIDE TODDLER SHOES
To find the perfect fitting shoe, make sure your child has enough room for their toes. There should be enough space between the toe box and the tip of the shoe that your child can move their toes freely. The fit should be snug enough that the shoe won’t fall or slip off, while not being so tight that their foot is squished or pinched by the edges of the shoe.
For perfect fitting wide baby shoes, here are some things to avoid:
- Shoes that are just too big or too small – Shoes that are too big will slip off and make it hard for your baby to focus on their movement. Shoes that are too small can pinch your baby’s feet and cause blisters
- Shoes with closures or fasteners that can’t be adjusted – Without an adjustable closure, it’s more difficult to get shoes on and off. It also makes it impossible to customize the fit to your baby’s foot.
- Shoes with an open back (like sandals) or fully backless shoes (like flip flops) – When shoes aren’t secure, they can easily slip off and don’t offer enough support or protection.
SIGNS YOUR SHOES FIT YOUR INFANT
When deciding if your child’s shoes are a good fit, we recommend starting with a sizing guide to see what size your child falls into. From there, look for signs that the shoe is comfortable on your child’s foot and not limiting movement or slipping off. Here are some things to look for:
- Feel for room at the toes. When the shoe is fastened, there should be about a thumb width of space between your child’s toes and the end of the shoe.
- Watch how your child moves and walks. If their shoes are a good fit, your child should be light on their feet and walking normally and comfortably. If they are walking gingerly or moving less than normal, their shoes may be uncomfortable and not a proper fit.
- No signs of blisters or chaffing on their feet. When shoes are an improper fit, they can rub on your child’s feet causing blisters. If you take off your child’s shoes and see any redness or rubbing, their shoes may be too small for their wide feet.
HIGH-QUALITY BABY AND TODDLER SHOES FOR WIDE AND CHUBBY FEET
All our toddler & baby shoes are designed to fit feet of different shapes and sizes, even ones that are extra wide, chubby, or narrow. In fact, our customers often tell us that Jack & Lily is the only brand of shoe that fits their children’s feet just right! With our adjustable hook and loop closures to ensure a custom fit and our signature Flex-Sole to stretch and give with your child’s movement, our shoes are designed with babies in mind. Our shoes are made out of high-quality, 100% non-toxic materials, so you can rest assured your child will be safe, comfortable, and on the move with Jack and Lily shoes.
If you need a little help with choosing the right size shoe for your baby, take a look at our handy shoe sizing guide.